We all know Amazon is the biggest online e-commerce platform in the world. But it was not always the biggest. Amazon has been an incredible journey from starting as an online book store to giving tough competition to the global retail market as an online e-commerce platform.
Today, everything you’re looking for is available on Amazon. You name it and they have it. It is because the largest no. of sellers listed and selling products on their platform.
Amazon has evolved over time to become what it is today. It manages to continuously introduce new features and policies to make the customer experience better.
Today, we are gonna talk about the Amazon FBA (Fulfilment By Amazon) Program and try to add some valuable insights for you to get the benefits out of it.
Earlier, what used to happen is when a seller gets an order for his product displayed on Amazon, Amazon people would come to the seller to collect the product and get it delivered to the customer. It is not the most effective way and it has some cons -
- Delay in delivery. Firstly, amazon will collect the product from the seller and then deliver it to the customer.
- It is not possible to offer free delivery on all products since the distance of the seller from Amazon’s collection center matters.
- Returned products or products for replacement reach to sellers with delay. The whole process becomes delayed.
These problems of delayed services were solved by the Amazon FBA Program which was launched in 2006. Yes, it was launched in 2006 but still many sellers are not aware of it and using the old practice. And those, who are aware of it still can’t get the benefits out of it because there are certain steps to follow and requirements to fulfill to list your business on FBA.
What is Amazon FBA (Fulfilment By Amazon)?
FBA is not less than a boon for sellers listed on Amazon. It enables you to store your products on Amazon’s Worldclass Fulfilment Centers. Amazon FBA helps the sellers grow by providing them with operational help. Through FBA, Amazon gives you access to its fulfillment resources, customer services, and shipping options.
When you list your products on FBA, all your products are packed, shipped, and delivered by Amazon. Amazon takes care of all the operations so that you can focus on other important aspects of your business and grow.
Benefits of FBA
- Prime Badge. A seller listed with the FBA becomes the prime seller and gets the benefits of unlimited free one-day and two-day delivery. It helps you deliver maximum satisfaction to your customers with your products.
- Higher Visibility. Products categorized under FBA get higher search than others due to the prime eligibility of those products. It increases the visibility of products and leads to higher conversions.
- Smooth Operations. With Amazon FBA, your operations become smooth. Amazon gives you access to store your products in its Fulfilment Centers. From packaging to shipping, all the operations are managed by Amazon. You can either send your inventory to the FC or have the Amazon representative pick them up at your doorstep
- Fastest Return or Replacement. Amazon even takes care of returns and replacements of your products when you’re listed on FBA. It eliminates the delay in service and leaves your customers more happier and satisfied.
Major Complication In Listing On Amazon FBA
Amazon FBA surely has a lot to offer to sellers but for that, first, you need to list your business on it. Listing your business on Amazon FBA is pretty simple. There are a few steps, followed by which you can list your business on FBA. You need to select the fulfillment centers where you want to store your products. Then you need to fulfill all the details related to your business. Then you need to add the Amazon Center which was selected earlier as your Additional Place of Business.
All the above things are pretty simple to fulfill except for one thing - as per Amazon FBA, in order to store your products in Amazon Fulfilment Centers, you must have GST Numbers in all those states where you want to store your products. For example - if you want to sell your products in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata & Hyderabad, and store them in Amazon Fulfillment Centers, you must have GST registrations in all those states.
Now it is quite difficult. If you’re a big businessman then you can get it done easily but if you’re just starting your business or at the initial stages, it is very difficult to get GST registration in multiple states because, for that, you need physical offices on which you can get GST registration.
And when you store your products on Amazon Centers, it becomes an Additional Place Of Business for you, so as per the Govt. guidelines, you need to add Amazon Fulfillment Centers as your Additional Place Of Business (APoB) where you will store your products.
So, either you have to arrange warehouses on your own to store your products in all those states or get an office where you can get GST registration and get your business listed on Amazon FBA. Either way, it’s gonna cost you a lot of money. Here comes the option of Virtual Office with the help of which you can get all these benefits without spending much.
How Virtual Office Helps In Listing Your Business On Amazon FBA?
A virtual office is a fully customized and flexible office solution that gives you all the advantages of traditional physical office space. It is just a virtual office and not your physical office, that’s why it involves very little cost. But it doesn’t mean you have to compromise with any services.
You can choose any prime location suitable for your business and start using it as your official business address. You can also use your virtual office address for getting required registration like ROC registration, LLP registration, GST registration, etc.
So when you opt for a virtual office, you can use this address for getting GST registration. Your virtual office provider will help you with all the documentation. They will provide you with the following documents -
- Rent Agreement
- No Objection Certificate
- Latest Utility Bill
With the help of these documents, you get your GST registration successfully. You can take virtual offices in multiple states and use your virtual office address for getting GST registration. The cost for opting for a virtual office is very little, with spending just a few thousand bucks, you can avail of all these services.
So this way, you can get GST registration in multiple states and get your business listed on Amazon FBA and get the maximum benefits without spending much.
Other Benefits Of Virtual Offices -
- You can choose the most premium locations in the city without spending huge money which you couldn’t afford otherwise.
- Reduces your business cost to an extreme level.
- More flexibility. You don’t need to commit to long-term leases.
- You get access to meeting rooms to conduct your meetings or presentations.
- You get mail handling services, which means your virtual office provider will receive all your couriers & parcels and inform you in real-time.
- You get a local dedicated telephone line which will be directed to you.
- A professional receptionist is always there at your virtual office to greet your clients or business partner who visits to meet you.
So it is not wrong to say that a virtual office has a lot to offer especially for startups and small businesses who are at the initial stages of their business. And if you’re an e-commerce seller, a virtual office is not less than a boon for you.
At Flexispaces, we have virtual office options in all the major cities across India. Our team is dedicated to providing you with the best virtual office services and making the whole process smooth for you.
Reach us out!